Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chump Update

I pulled my bike box up to Delta`s international check-in counter and the clerk asked, "Is that a bike?"
"Yes."
"That will cost you 300 dollars!"  She stated it assertively, even with a hint of belligerence.  This was satisfying, because she was obviously used to catching shit from delivering this info and was preparing by going on the offensive.
"Okay," I said nonchalantly.

The final tally:  no weight surcharge for the additional 15 pounds in the bike box (65 lbs).  When I pushed forward my suitcase to check it also, she announced, "That will cost $50.  The bike is your free piece."  
"The bike that I`m paying $300 to ship?"
"Yes!  That`s your first piece of luggage, which is free.  Your suitcase will be $50!"

I decided to carry on my suitcase.....

To be fair, the bike arrived on time and in perfect condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment